Whenever we place or align new ink cartridges or printheads inside the printer, an HP Printer Alignment Failed error may occur. Moreover, “printer alignment unsuccessful” errors may also occur due to cartridge or printhead improper installation.
The HP Printer Alignment failed problem may also not display some specific color associated with an ink cartridge. To resolve this, you all suggested following the guidance below. You may also go for an expert’s help via the Live Chat option.
Solutions For HP Printer Alignment Unsuccessful Error Message
Fix-1 Reset Your HP Printer
By turning OFF and then, ON the HP printer might fix the Printer alignment failed error message.
- Make Sure your printer turned ON at first.
- Now you are supposed to eject the power cable from the rear end of the printer.
- Also, unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
NOTE: We recommend connecting the printer directly to the power source.
If resetting the HP Printer unable to resolve the problem, then continue to the next step.
Fix-2 Use Genuine Ink Cartridges to Fix HP Printer Alignment Failed Issue
HP always recommends using genuine HP ink or toner supplies for the printer. Because it covers the guarantee and reliability of the product. Using non-HP or refilled cartridges may result in an HP Printer cartridge alignment failed message. You can check the authenticity of the ink cartridge by scanning the QR code on the toner cartridge box. Follow the link to the HP Anti-counterfeit Page for more detailed information.
NOTE: If you need to fix Incompatible Ink Cartridge Error, then go to the attached link.
Fix-3 Examine The Estimated Ink Levels
One of the reasons behind the HP printer alignment keeps failing is the ink level inside the cartridges. Always examine the ink level through the display of the HP Printer control panel screen. You need to replace it if there is any low or empty ink cartridge. If still, the problem persists, then you need to continue to the next step.
Fix-4 Clean your HP Printer Ink Cartridge and Printhead Manually
If your HP Printer unable to print black or color ink or print blank pages, then it is because printer alignment failed occurred. Below we have mentioned the steps to clean the printhead manually to resolve the issue.
- Dip paper napkins in the glass container and drain lukewarm water until it is two inches deep, as the paper towels have to be completely swamped.
- Now remove all the ink cartridges from the printhead by pressing the tab button to release it.
- You recommended placing the ink cartridges on the soaked paper towels. Ensure that the cartridges do not expose outside for more than 30 minutes.
- Remove and manually clean the printhead by raising its latch. Moist the rough cloth with the lukewarm distilled water and wipe out all the excess ink on the printhead. Do not remove or touch the nozzle area. Ensure that printhead should not expose to excess water.
- Now put the printhead upside down in the glass container in such a way that the nozzle headrest is on the wet paper napkins. Let it remain soaked for 10 minutes.
- Its time to take out the printhead from the container and dry it with the help of dry paper napkins for 15 minutes.
- When the printhead dried completely, then reinstall it with all the cartridges as it were.
- After installation, close the printer door and turn ON the printer to check its functionality.
Fix-5 Implement Automated Printhead Cleaning Process
Yes, you can also implement an Automated Printhead Cleaning process during HP printer alignment unsuccessful error.
- First, place the plain white paper inside the input tray.
- Now, on the printer control panel, you need to navigate and press the setup button.
- From the Setup Menu, you need to choose the tools option, as it will display all the available options in the Tools section.
- Now you need to choose the clean printhead option and then press OK.
- The in-built tools inside the printer will function to clean the printhead.
- Finally, test the printer by printing a blank page if the problem persists, then try the process two more times.
If your HP printer not printing because of the Ink System Failure Error, then visit the hyperlinked blog to fix it.
Originally published at https://helpcontact247.com on August 19, 2020.